Words to uplift and motivate
Every morning I start the day reading a passage or two from a few favorite books. This usually sets the tone for my day and motivates me to get outta bed and get busy with this thing called life! Since I firmly believe that health isn't only physical, but mental and spiritual as well, I'd like to share a few of my favorite quotations here. I can't tell you exactly who to attribute these words to, since they come from many different sources, but I can't take the credit for them. Here goes...
- "Gratitude completely shifts the lens through which you see the world. You can't help but feel alive and receptive to the beauty that surrounds you."
- "There are three grand essentials to happiness in life-something to do, something to love, something to hope for."
- "Turn your heart towards what is good and see the good in others."
- "The energy we put out in the world is the energy we get back."
- "What we focus on expands."
- "In the stillness is where peace abounds."
- "Focus our awareness to be open hearted, compassionate, creative and show who we really are."
Here are some of my favorite inspirational books:
A Year of Living Your Yoga by Lasater
Yoga 365 by Rubin
Everyday Happiness -365 ways to a Joyful Life
The Pocket Book of Hygge -Heartwarming thoughts for a more meaningful Life