Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Yields 24 small cookies
- 6 to 7 dried pitted dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Tbsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Soak dates in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the dates.
- Add oil, syrup, and dates and mix until all ingredients are moist.
- Form little balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (it may take some work to form the dough and get the balls to stick together).
- Press cookies lightly so they do not roll off cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out cookie sheet and flip cookies.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
NOTES — If you have a food processor, you can use it to mix the dough, which makes the cookies easier to shape. Do not over mix the dough or you’ll lose the texture of the cookies.