Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 rib eye, T-bone or sirloin tip steak, grass fed, well marbled
- Salt, pepper
- Remove meat from refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before cooking
- Pre heat grill to high heat
- Pat steak dry with a paper towel
- Place meat on the grill and sear on each side about 1 minute
- Use tongs and oven mitt to hold meat upright and sear on each edge (about 2 minutes total)
- Turn off heat and let steak rest, 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and cover with a cast iron pan for up to 10 minutes so the juices come to the surface. Don't skip this step!
- Season to taste and serve.
NOTES — You can marinate this steak for a few hours or overnight if you wish. Make sure you pat dry before grilling so the meat doesn't "steam"cook.
CREDIT — Home Cook by Fernald and Battilana